Have you ever watched a movie or TV show and thought “Hey! That character is just like [place friend/family members name here]”? I’m not talking a character occasionally doing something that makes you think of said person. I mean the way they walk, the way they talk, the way they do that thing that they do makes it hard for you to tell the difference between the two of them.
But how do you tell which came first? The television character or your friend? A good measure or your friend’s authenticity is if you find yourself thinking “[Insert Character Name Here] would’ve done that” and the show has been canceled for two years.
Recent conversations/excursions with Junkie1 has led me to believe she was Veronica Mars before Kristen Bell was Veronica Mars, and forever will be. Here’s why:
10. Equipment: Only V.Mars would have the galls to not only purchase, but also use in highly populated areas, a camera so large and menacing it makes you look like a commie.
9. Friends: Yeah I’m like Mac, Weevil, Wallace, Cliff, Meg and Logan all rolled into one. ‘Nuff said.
8. Moxie: According to urbandictionary.com “Having moxie means having enough cleverness, skill, creativity, fortitude and cajones to solve (or, at least, to get out of) a difficult and personally threatening situation.” Junkie1 is filled to the brim with moxie.
7. Sneakiness: Who else could get away with playing on the fire escape/roof in front of her VP’s office window??? Veroni…whoops, I mean Junkie1.
6. Intelligence: Extensive pop culture knowledge that would make the Gilmore Girls jealous? Check! Speaks a second language? Check! Quick wit? Check! Check! Reasoning skills? Check! Broad and impressive vocabulary? Check! Knowledge of current events outside of “The Hills”? CHECK!
5. Vernacular: Although I’ve never heard her say it, I can totally picture Junkie1 telling me to “Be cool Soda Pop”.
4. Wheels: The Red Van of Fury (or la camioneta roja de la furia, if you speak Spanish, which I don’t) may not have the pizazz of the Chrysler LeBaron, but what it lacks in grandeur it more than makes up for with stealth (seriously, who ever suspects the minivan?!?). And as a bonus those pesky secret high school fraternities won’t have a trunk to lock her in!
3. Tenacity: Persistent, unyielding and stubborn, but in a very lovable way. Most of the time.
2. Damn the Man Mentality: That pretty much says it right there.
1. Sass: If you’re reading this thinking “what’s the difference between sass and moxie?” you are at the wrong blog my friend.
You tell us! What television character could be based on someone in your life and why?!