It’s my opinion that Daniel Day Lewis is da man…so good that I actually just used the phrase “da man.”
Widley knowns as one of the most selective actors–he only did three films since 1997, and one of those was written/directed by his wife so it doesn’t even count–Day-Lewis has been getting all sorts of chatter for his upcoming role as the troubled film director, Guido Contini, in Nine. There is literally a score of things that leave me in a twitterpated state when it comes to this movie:
- Daniel Day-Lewis (obviously)
- Rob Marshall directing…
- …a musical adaptaion…
- …of Fellini’s 8 1/2
- Marion Cotillard as DDL’s wife
- Sophia Loren as his mother (oddly enough, her Oscar’s splash left me wanting more)
- Judi Dench as his producer…
- …with a French accent
- Fergie as a prostitute
- Penélope Cruz as his mistress
- Nicole Kidman as his muse
- Kate Hudson as a reporter
- The November 25, 2009 release date (this leaves me more salivate-y than twitterpated)
- Anthony Minghella and Michael Tolkin adapting the screenplay
- The fact that Kate Hudson got the role Anne Hathaway tried out for (::cat fight::)
- The fact that Katie Holmes tried to score Marion Cotillard’s role and lost (ha.)
- The fact that Catherine Zeta Jones was set to play Claudia (now in Kidman’s hands) until she got all diva-style and demanded her role be “enlarged” (Cue kick to curb)
- The cast has a combined six wins and one nomination from the Academy
- Umm did I mention a SINGING Daniel Day-Lewis?
- A non-moustachioed DDL.
I’m actually more conflicted about the last one. In my tender years, I hardly know how to love Daniel Day Lewis without a fine moustache. Either way, I am expecting something brilliant.