- Chris Cooper likes to beat young boys (see also American Beauty)
- This movie wastes three perfectly good accents (Brosnan-Irish, Pattinson-British, de Ravin-Australian)
- They will probably break up for a bit when she discovers why he started seeing her
- Robert Pattinson is, indeed, very hot.
- The manic pixie dream girl strikes again! (She has her dessert first! How magical!)
Fun (likely) Fact (that I made up today): Zooey Deschanel is the ultimate manic pixie dream girl, with at least nine roles that fit the profile:
- Summer, (500) Days of Summer
- Allison, Yes Man
- Harriet, Gigantic
- Frances, The Good Life
- Miss Pussy Katz, Flakes
- Kit, Failure to Launch
- Jovie, Elf
- Noel, All the Real Girls
- Kate, The Go-Getter
That means almost 30% of her film career is based in manic pixie dreamland. I haven’t seen everything she’s been in, so I am sure there are a few I missed (and more to come). I’m not hatin’–Zooey is pretty awesome. As you may or may not know, I just picked up my shiny new copy of the A.V. Club’s Inventory, and here is a taste of their fave pixies.
In other news, my Monk-ish OCD is dreading the fact that I published a list of nine items!